2015 Big Ten Men's Basketball Tournament Volunteers
March 10-16, 2015
Welcome to the 2015 Big Ten Men’s Basketball Tournament!
The Big Ten Men’s Basketball Tournament is returning and will take place at the United Center from March 11 – 15, 2015. In order to make the tournament a huge success for the Big Ten and Chicago, we need your help!
Whether you’re a native to the city of Chicago and love to help visitors find their way around, an alum of a Big Ten university, or just enjoy contributing to the success of Chicago events, we have a volunteer position that’s right for you. As a token of our appreciation, selected volunteers will receive an event shirt and two tickets to our Alumni Party on Saturday, March 14.
The Chicago Sports Commission can’t thank you enough for your interest and support. We look forward to working with you in March!
Key volunteer information you should know:
1. REQUIREMENTS: All volunteers are required to register for a minimum of two (2) volunteer shifts and each shift must be on a separate day. Individual shifts will last approximately 4 to 6 hours. ALL SHIFT TIMES ARE LOCAL CT. Each volunteer will be required to attend a mandatory volunteer orientation on Tuesday, March 10 at 6:30 p.m. CT. ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
2. AVAILABILITY: Beginning March 10 and running through March 15, there are opportunities for volunteers with multiple dates and shifts available. Volunteer positions are available in the following areas: Community Welcome (at downtown hotels and airports), Ancillary Events, Band/Cheer Escort, Concourse Activation/Interactive, Friends & Family Hospitality, Hospitality/Meal Area Attendants, Media Shuttle Attendants, Team Check-In, Volunteer Check-In, etc.
3. TRAINING: If selected, volunteers will receive additional information at the mandatory volunteer orientation session on Tuesday, March 10 at 6:30 p.m., at the United Center. At orientation, volunteers will receive an official uniform shirt, information specific to the tournament and volunteer positions, credentials, and other instructions.
4. UNIFORM: The official volunteer uniform shirt should be worn with clean and well-maintained khaki long pants and comfortable shoes.
5. BACKGROUND SCREENING: The Chicago Sports Commission (CSC) requires background screens for all volunteer positions that involve working with youth. These positions are marked with an asterisk (*) within the registration site that displays all available shifts. These background screens are done by an independent third party at NO COST TO YOU. Once you have signed up for a youth-specific volunteer position and background screening has been completed, you will ONLY receive an e-mail from CSC if we need additional information or if cancellation of your position is warranted. Please note that the Chicago Sports Commission may perform background checks on all applicants and volunteers selected.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Please click “Register Now!” on the right side of this page to begin your online volunteer registration. Note: If you have already registered to volunteer through a TRS volunteer site, please use your existing log-in information.
Questions/Comments about volunteering? Please contact Jeff Nowak at email@example.com or call (312) 567-8527. Thank you for your interest and participation. We couldn't do it without you!
If you are interested in additional Big Ten volunteer opportunities, the 2015 Big Ten Women’s Basketball Tournament will be held March 4 – 8 at the Sears Centre Arena in Chicago. Please click on the link below to register today! https://2015bigtenwomenbbtourvol.my-trs.com